Journal Publications (2006 ~ 2010) (Showing 49 out of 154 articles)
Dr. Schnable's Google Scholar Page [ N=14,868 ]
- (2010) Repeat subtraction-mediated sequence capture from a complex genome. Plant J, 62(5): 898-909. (Epub: 4 Mar 2010; Cover image; Selected by journal editors as a "Featured Article"; Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 9/10)[ Abstract | Full Text PDF | Supplemental Materials | doi:10.1111/j.1365-313X.2010.04196.x | Cited 69 times ]
- (2010) Characterization of duplicate gene evolution in the recent natural allopolyploid Tragopogon miscellus by next-generation sequencing and Sequenom iPLEX MassARRAY genotyping. Molecular Ecology, 19(s1): 132-146.
- (2009) The B73 maize genome: complexity, diversity, and dynamics. Science, 326(5956): 1112-1115. (Cover image; a commentary on this manuscript solicited by journal editors and written by C. Feuillet and K. Eversole was provided in 326: 1071-1072; cited in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maize; selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/09; selected as a "must read" by the Faculty of 1000 Biology)[ Abstract | Full Text PDF | Supplemental Materials | doi:10.1126/science.1178534 | Cited 2,184 times ]
- (2009) Loss of RNA-dependent RNA Polymerase 2 (RDR2) function causes widespread and unexpected changes in the expression of transposons, genes, and 24-nt small RNAs. PLoS Genetics, 5(11): e1000737. (Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/09)
- (2009) Paternal dominance of trans-eQTL influences gene expression patterns in maize hybrids. Science, 326(5956): 1118-1120. (A commentary on this manuscript solicited by the editors of Science and written by C. Feuillet and K. Eversole was provided in 326: 1071-1072; Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/09; "Recommended" by the Faculty of 1000 Biology)
- (2009) Maize inbreds exhibit high levels of copy number variation (CNV) and presence/absence variation (PAV) in genome content. PLoS Genetics, 5(11): e1000734. (Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/09)
- (2009) Mu transposon insertion sites and meiotic recombination events co-localize with epigenetic marks for open chromatin across the maize genome. PLoS Genetics, 5(11): e1000733. (Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/09)
- (2009) On the origins of species: does evolution repeat itself in polyploid populations of independent origin?. Cold Spring Harbor Symposia on Quantitative Biology, 74: 215-223.
- (2008) The maize (Zea mays L.) roothairless3 gene encodes a putative GPI-anchored, monocot-specific, COBRA-like protein that significantly affects grain yield. Plant J, 54(5): 888-898. (Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 6/08)
- (2008) Consensus genetic maps as median orders from inconsistent sources. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 5(2): 161-171.
- (2007) Laser microdissection of narrow sheath mutant maize uncovers novel gene expression in the shoot apical meristem. PLoS Genetics, 3(6): 1040-1052. (Selected an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 7/07)
- (2007) Functional analysis of maize RAD51 in meiosis and double-strand break repair. Genetics, 176(3): 1469-1482. (Selected by editors of Genetics as an "Issue Highlight"; selected as an Editors'Choice by MaizeGDB, 8/07)
- (2007) Nearly identical paralogs: implications for maize (Zea mays L.) genome evolution. Genetics, 175(1): 429-439. (Featured in Science (315:302) as in Editor's Choice: Highlights of the recent literature; Selected as an Editors' Choice by MaizeGDB, 12/06)
- (2006) All possible modes of gene action are observed in a global comparison of gene expression in a maize F1 hybrid and its inbred parents. PNAS, 103(18): 6805-6810. (Epub: 25 Apr 2006; "Recommended" by the Faculty of 1000 Biology; Identified by Thomson Reuters Scientific's Essential Science Indicators as the most highly cited paper in the research front map "On Applying Genome-Wide Selection"; podcast solicited by ScienceWatch.com: Download MP3 (5.7 MB) | WMA (2.5 MB))